Hello, welcome to my very first blog post! Join me on my journey through naturopathic medical school as I blog about fascinating natural therapies and daily life as an ND student. If you feel inclined, get to know me a little better here. I know I have big shoes to fill; Mackie was a great blogger, and thankfully she provided me with excellent advice as I transition into this position.
Contemplating hopes and opportunities
This week is the second week of classes. Jumping back into the swing of things is always a little rough, especially after a great break! Over break, I volunteered at a midwifery clinic called MamaBaby Haiti in Cap-Haïtien, Haiti. It was a fabulous experience filled with hands-on learning (delivering babies!), relaxing downtime, and making new friends. Now that I’m back, I’m re-establishing a routine for the summer trimester.
The start of a new trimester is always full of hopes and opportunities.
Holding one of the babies I helped deliver
- I hope to learn heaps of information so that I can do well in classes, and more importantly, to help my future patients.
- I hope to stay on top of my coursework so that preparing for exams isn’t too stressful.
- I hope to study consistently for the NPLEX basic science board exams so that I may pass on my first try in August.
- I hope to write interesting and educational blog posts to inspire all of you, my readers.
- The opportunity to start fresh with my schedule and not spread myself too thin.
- The opportunity to correct my academic mistakes from last trimester, including study habits.
- The opportunity to balance my studies by enjoying fun summer activities with my husband, Luis.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions or comments. I appreciate feedback so that I blog about things that interest you. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you come back again!