NUHS Whole Health Center offers telehealth video visits
New and existing chiropractic and naturopathic medicine patients can now receive primary and specialty care services via telehealth video visits. During these visits, patients are able to meet with NUHS Whole Health Center clinicians virtually one-on-one. In today’s COVID-19 climate, telehealth visits are a safe and convenient way to access the same quality care without taking time off work or finding a sitter.
Telehealth visits are conducted via Zoom for Healthcare, a secure, video chat application available on your smartphone, tablet or computer (equipped with a camera and microphone). Zoom for Healthcare is HIPAA-compliant.
What NUHS Whole Health Center services are available during the COVID-19 outbreak via telehealth visits?
- Video visits are appropriate for many types of appointments, especially follow-up and minor urgent care. However, visits that require a physical examination or other in-person procedure are not applicable to this service.
What do I need to have at home to have a video visit?
- A computer, tablet or smartphone that has both a camera and a microphone.
- Internet access or data service with a strong enough signal to conduct a video chat.
- Access to a private or semi-private area for privacy.
- A free Zoom application downloaded to your device prior to the visit.
Will I have to pay for a virtual visit?
Many insurance companies have unique coverage for telehealth during the COVID-19 outbreak. Check with your insurance provider to confirm how your plan is covering these types of visits. You or your insurance company will be billed for the service. For pricing details, please call the clinic.
We look forward to seeing you soon!