NUHS to Host 2015 ILANP Conference
National University’s campus will host the 3rd annual conference of the Illinois Association of Naturopathic Physicians, the weekend of October 3 -4, 2015. This year’s conference focuses on naturopathic medicine for special populations with the theme, “Treating Every Individual.”
The roster of exciting workshops include:
- Optimizing Cancer Survivorship – Lise Alschuler, ND, FABNO
- Naturopathic Medicine for Cognitive Decline – Michelle Smekens, ND, FABNO
- Individuality In Naturopathic Pre and Post Surgery Care – Robin DiPasquale, ND
- The Care and Nurturing of Breastfeeding Mothers – Crystal Foresman-Landers, ND
- The Cardiovascular, Neurological, and Detoxification Implications of Specific Genetic SNPs, Methylation Derangements and Amino Acid Deficiencies – Alan Miller, ND
- Parents are Going Crazy! Treating ADHD, Autism and Anxiety in Pediatric Populations – Jared M. Skowron, ND
- Overview of Chemotherapy, Targeted Molecular Therapy, and Immunotherapy (Rx CE) – Shauna M. Birdsall, ND, FABNO, and Tim Birdsall, ND, FABNO
- Trans Health Through A Naturopathic Lens – Cristopher Bosted, RN, ND
- Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletions – Daniel Richardson, PhD, DAANC
Additionally, those attending will receive an update on state legislative efforts toward professional licensure.
This conference offers 12.5 continuing education credit for both NDs and DCs, made possible through the NUHS Lincoln College of Post-Professional, Graduate and Continuing Education.
“NUHS has been proud to host the ILANP conference since it’s inception, and is a strong supporter of professional advancement and licensure for the naturopathic medical profession,” says NUHS President Joseph Stiefel.
For those seeking more information, he ILANP has launched a Facebook page for the conference featuring profiles of speakers, registration information, and a place for networking with other participants. A conference brochure and registration information is also available on the ILANP website.