If you are choosing where and how to finish your bachelor’s degree, be sure to weigh all the pros and cons before choosing an online program. There are many advantages to finishing your degree on a physical campus that you may not have considered. This is especially true if you are thinking about a degree in the sciences or are preparing for a future health care career.
For example, here are some of the great advantages National University’s bachelor of biomedical science program has over online programs:
- Graduate level health science laboratories. Finishing an anatomy course in a real hands-on cadaver-based anatomy laboratory is much more rewarding than studying drawings, photographs or videos online. Additionally, National University in one of the few leading universities that has The Anatomage Table, a state-of-the-art, life-size 3-D anatomy visualization table that allows hands-on virtual dissection on several axes, and a visual library of actual cases and pathologies to explore.
- Convenient evening classes and the freedom to design your own degree by choosing any combination of courses from our curriculum. Most of our students are able to finish their bachelor’s degree in as few as 16 months.
- Direct contact with your professors who also teach in our graduate level programs. Many of your instructors have experience as practicing physicians or health care professionals, and are happy to assist you with questions on how to meet your career goals.
- One of the largest regional libraries dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. Our Learning Resource Center has a collection of over 18,000 books, 153 print journal subscriptions, 15,000 electronic journals and e-books, and 43 bibliographic databases.
- University amenities such as an on-campus fitness center and free health services at our on-campus integrative medical clinic. As a student, you’ll receive care from our clinicians and interns in our graduate programs.
- Participation in student organizations. Our campus hosts several hundred medical students in our professional programs. You’ll find lots of on-campus clubs for professional development, social outings, networking opportunities and community service.
In addition to the advantages of our traditional campus, National University does have a selection of online courses that you can choose from to augment your on-campus program. The online options at National University give you more scheduling flexibility when you need it, and are taught by the same caliber of faculty you’ll be learning from in your on-campus courses.
Come visit National University and see the advantages a real campus can offer you!