Chiropractic Medicine Holds Answers for Effective Treatment of Headaches
October is National Chiropractic Month, and experts at National University of Health Sciences (NUHS) say that if you’re one of the millions of people plagued with recurring headache pain, a visit to a chiropractic physician may be your ticket to relief.
Whether you suffer from migraine headaches, cluster headaches, or stress and tension headaches, your chiropractic physician can help you find a way to prevent, reduce or eliminate your headaches without drugs.
“At our Whole Health Centers, our chiropractic physicians and interns will make a comprehensive evaluation of your current health and past health history to help determine the cause of your headaches and rule out any other serious health problems,” says Dr. David Parish, Dean of Clinics for NUHS. “Then we’ll create a treatment strategy that encompasses not only pain relief, but stopping the headaches before they start.”
At NUHS’ Whole Health Centers, headache patients, depending on their diagnosis, may receive nutritional and lifestyle counseling, therapeutic and rehabilitation exercises, relaxation tips, herbal medicine, and physical adjustments.
Readers who frequently suffer from headaches can try the following tips recommended by Dr. Parish and the American Chiropractic Association:
- If you spend a large amount of time in one fixed position, such as in front of the computer, take a break and stretch every 30 minutes to one hour.
- Low-impact exercise may help relieve the pain associated with some headaches.
- Drink at least eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day to help avoid dehydration, which can lead to headaches.
- Avoid slouching.
- Reduce stress at home and work by planning ahead and engaging in relaxation and breathing exercises.
- Get plenty of sleep and maintain a regular sleep schedule.
Don’t let headache pain reduce your quality of life. Call 1-630-629-9664 today to make an appointment to meet with a chiropractic medical clinician at NUHS Whole Health Center in Lombard.