Clinic Internship Program
Each DC student serves a full year clinical internship. NUHS offers many exciting internship options that give you the experience and confidence you need to prepare for your future as a physician.
At National’s clinics, you’ll learn first-hand how to practice chiropractic as primary care medicine under clinical supervision. You’ll have access to professionals from other specialties, our residents and faculty clinicians, as well as have use of our diagnostic imaging and MRI equipment.
- on-campus NUHS Whole Health Center – Lombard
- NUHS Whole Health Center – SPC (serving St. Petersburg College students, faculty, and staff)
- NUHS Whole Health Center – Pinellas Park
Each NUHS intern participates in community service work that can include rewarding outreach in local sports, charitable and educational events. At NUHS, we’re not just training superior physicians, we’re training community leaders and giving back to the communities we serve.
NUHS Preceptorship Program
Some students elect to complete part of their internship experience through National’s Preceptorship Program. This program offers students the opportunity to gain valuable clinical experience in a private practice setting under the supervision of approved doctors who are experienced, ethical, and successful physicians. The supervising doctors participating in this program are considered adjunct faculty of NUHS.
NUHS also offers the chance for select students in the Doctor of Chiropractic program to participate in exciting hospital internship experiences.
Current hospital rotations and preceptorships for DC students include:
- Illiana Veteran’s Administration Health Care System in Danville, Illinois
- Bay Pines VA Healthcare System, Florida
- Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Fargo VA Health Care System, Fargo, North Dakota
- John Dingell VA, Detroit, Michigan
- Scott Air Force Base, Bellville, Illinois
- Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin