How to Apply
At National University, we are here to help you with every step of your admissions process. It’s easy to start by filling out our online admissions form or by calling 1-800-826-6285.
Below is a quick summary of the admission essentials:
- Rolling admission schedule allows you to apply for entry into September, January or May trimesters
- Complete an online or paper application and submit a $55 application fee
- Write 3 essay responses (400-500 word minimum)
- Provide two character references
- Submit all official undergraduate college transcripts
- $225 reservation deposit
- An informal interview (by phone, or in-person) with an Admissions counselor
- Prerequisites for admission
Fall 2022 Application Deadline
All applications for the September trimester must be submitted by August 1, 2022.
Spring 2023 Application Deadline
All applications for the January trimester must be submitted by December 1, 2022.
Summer 2023 Application Deadline
All applications for the May trimester must be submitted by April 1, 2023.
It is recommended that application to the DC, ND, MSOM or MSAc programs be made 9-12 months prior to program start in order to allow time for the submission, review and evaluation of transcripts, essays, character references, etc. Applicants whose intended term start is sooner, should contact Admissions to determine if there will be time to complete the admission process and to confirm that applications are still being accepted for that trimester.
Important to Know
Applicants to the DC, ND, MSOM and MSAc programs may apply without submitting all parts of the application (e.g., essays, transcripts, etc.) together at one time. Additionally, DC and ND applicants may apply before completing their bachelor’s degree and required prerequisite coursework. All applicants should give thoughtful consideration to their essay composition and be sure to follow the stated guidelines. Applicants do not have to submit essays with their application and should feel free to submit their essays separately. Please see below a PDF of the essay questions contained in the first professional program (DC, ND, MSOM, MSAc) application.
- Apply Online for Doctor of Chiropractic
- Download Application for Doctor of Chiropractic (PDF)
- Download Character Reference Questionnaire (PDF)
- Download Essay Questions (PDF)
Our accelerated Prerequisite Program helps you attain the science courses required for admission to a professional or graduate degree program. (Note: International students are not eligible for this program.)
Please contact the Office of Admissions (800-826-6285) to determine whether the Prerequisite Program is right for you.
Suggested Course Outlines
Select classes at your current college that will meet program requirements.