Prerequisites for Admission
Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor of Science degree are required to have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours (90 quarter hour credits), including the following specific prerequisites:
- 6 semester hours in English
- 3 semester hours in Speech/Public Speaking
- 9 semester hours in Social Sciences (courses may be taken from the following areas: anthropology, economics, history, political science, psychology, and sociology)
- 9 semester hours in Arts/Humanities (courses may be taken from the following areas: language*,
history, literature, philosophy, religious and cultural studies, performing arts, e.g. music/dance/theater appreciation or history, or visual arts e.g. art appreciation, film studies)
- 3 semester hours in Psychology
- 30 elective semester hours in any general education, liberal arts, life or physical science**
* Language classes must be upper-level courses designed to increase knowledge of the culture. Courses focused on learning to speak or write a language will not fulfill this requirement.
** Students can be admitted with fewer hours. This determination is made by the dean on an individual basis.
We have assembled transfer guides (or suggested course outlines) for select colleges in the U.S. that will help you choose courses at your college that will meet National University’s prerequisite requirements for the Bachelor of Science degree program.