Student Services Assistant
To provide support and resources to students throughout their academic journal at NUHS. To support the Dean of Students and Assistant Dean of Students from a distance to promote uniformity between both campuses.
- Assist with the organization and execution of various university ceremonies and special events to include, but not limited to White Coat, Orientation, and Graduation.
- Provide assistance with matters relating to the student handbook, code of conduct, and professional performance standards.
- Assist Student Services in recruiting tutors for the tutoring program.
- Coordinate student activities with the Student Success Coordinator.
- Attend weekly Student Council meetings.
- Provide assistance to registered student groups and club activities in coordination with the Illinois campus.
- Facilitate with accommodations for students with documented disabilities as directed by the Dean of Students or Assistant Dean of Students.
- Collect and submit student requests to add or withdraw from courses and support the registrar with loan deferments, enrollment verifications, and other functions as assigned.
- Coordinate the production, dissemination and renewal of National University of Health Sciences (NUHS) and SPC/UPC student ID cards.
- Perform various data entry and reporting tasks using the University’s student information system.
- Provide general assistance and referral guidance to students seeking information about counseling services, insurance, international student advisement and VA benefits.
- Interact with the Admissions, Registrar, Student Accounts, and Financial Aid Departments relevant to specific student needs.
- Occasional travel required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Detail oriented person, organized, reliable; a motivated self-starter needing minimal supervision.
- Previous work experience in a university setting.
- Outgoing and helpful personality, professional in appearance and demeanor.
- Event planning and time management skills, ability to multitask on projects.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to listen objectively and empathetically.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding student’s personal privacy and university business.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer