Senior Coordinator for Student Advocacy
The Senior Coordinator for Student Advocacy serves as a liaison for all matters related to student life. This role provides triage for behavioral, physical and personal health concerns of students. This person is a student advocate and collaborates with university members to identify and provide resources to support student success.
- Serve as a student advocate and liaison between all university constituencies.
- Assist with crisis management.
- Assist students seeking assistance for economic hardships.
- Provide counseling resources.
- Assist with management of accommodations for students in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provide leadership in administering a broad range of programs and services designed to support student learning and personal development.
- Other duties as assigned by the Dean or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree in education or related field preferred.
- Prior experience in a university setting and/or case management.
- Experience in counseling, critical thinking and conflict management.
- Experience working with community resources to assist populations in need.
- Ability to communicate, engage and develop rapport with individuals of diverse cultural and social backgrounds.
- Ability to work effectively with a varied student population, faculty and administrators.
To apply, please forward your resume with salary requirements to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer