Senior Business Analyst
As a Senior Business Analyst, you’ll utilize data and analytical techniques to define success metrics for the University, measure business performance, and communicate findings to internal teams. You’ll do this through data visualizations, report-building, and direct presentation.
This on-campus position will work with key leaders to understand business and data needs, communicate those needs to technical teams, and create data-driven strategies. A strong candidate must be energetically committed to the University’s mission, institutional excellence, and the promotion of faculty and staff development; collaborate actively with faculty and administration, and be an effective ambassador for the programs of the University.
He/she should exhibit many of the qualities below:
- Knowledge of current higher education institutional analysis practices, and organizational processes
- Record of scholarly activity
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with faculty, administration, and staff, including a willingness and ability to listen to divergent points of view
- Ability to maintain close relationships with various programs and departments, with internal and external constituents, and with groups or individuals within technical teams
- Use data to identify opportunities for University programs and departments, then help develop strategies that are data-driven.
- Oversee the successful operation of data-driven institutional analysis.
- Work with stakeholders to determine KPIs and Success Metrics
- Build reports that accurately visualize and communicate the University’s performance.
- Responsible for overall planning, budgeting, organizing, reporting, gathering, interpreting and dissemination of data involved with institutional progress.
- Report University Performance to Executive Team.
- Develop long-range planning goals and objectives for institutional analysis acting as a liaison between technical teams and University departments.
- Work with technical teams to ensure data quality and report readiness.
- Assist in identifying faculty/staff development needs.
- Other duties as assigned by the President or his/her designee.
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, economics, computer science, or a highly quantitative field
- 3-5 years experience in business analyst or data analyst role
- Experience defining requirements and using data to draw business insights
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to build productive relationships and cross-functional connections
- Experience with identifying opportunities for business or system improvement, and defining and measuring the success of those initiatives
- Working knowledge of database and system architecture concepts and functionality
- Proven ability to build clear data visualizations and reports
- Understanding of higher education and business significance
- Demonstrated record of partnering with and influencing cross-functional teams. Experience working with a mix of technical and non-technical teams
- Experience writing and presenting business cases / ROIs to senior business stakeholders
- Master’s degree in business or a quantitative field
- 6+ years experience in business analysis or data analytics role
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Experience with data quality assurance
- Evidence of success as an academic administrator in higher education
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer