This teaching position is within the NUHS College of Allied Health Sciences & Distance Education located in Lombard, IL. This position is to teach the course of Anatomy 2 plus lab in the BS in Biomedical Sciences Program.
The National University of Health Sciences invites applications for a part-time, faculty member in the College of Allied Health Sciences. The successful candidate will be expected to provide instruction in the undergraduate anatomy lecture and lab using various teaching methods including lectures, laboratories, demonstrations, interactive computer-based exercises, small group discussions, and team-taught classroom activities, where appropriate in anatomy. The instructor will also introduce students to the learning standards employed within the College of Allied Health Sciences and Distance Education. The successful candidate will also be required to maintain 8 continuing education credits on an annual basis.
- To teach and/or facilitate the assigned hours of lecture, discussion, or laboratory.
- To participate with the Dean in maintaining and advancing curriculum content for the assigned course and the program at large.
- To serve as a model of professionalism to students and colleagues, as evidenced by exemplary conduct, dialogue and decorum.
- To carry out all necessary administrative and reporting functions as required by University policy or assigned by the academic dean such as a syllabus, grade and attendance submission.
- To develop instructional materials.
- To develop evaluation instruments for the assessment of student learning and practical skills.
- To provide feedback to the student and the Dean and Chair of the College of Allied Health Sciences & Distance Education (or designee) regarding the assessment outcomes.
- Opportunity for participating in the vital functions of the Program, not only in its day to day operation, but also in its role as an integral part of the University; particularly with regard to Mission and Goals.
- Attendance at University-scheduled activities such as graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Attend CAHS faculty meetings.
- Masters’ degree in anatomy or related field
- Over three (3) years of experience in teaching, practice, research, or further study
- Evidence of accumulation of 8 annual CEU credits available at no cost to applicant from NUHS resource site
- Annual submission of an updated CV
- Experience in higher education teaching.
- Evidence of a commitment to continuing education.
- Evidence of proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, and other technological skills relevant to teaching.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply by sending a current curriculum vitae, letter of interest, and three letters of recommendation to [email protected]
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer