Financial Aid Counselor
This position is the initial contact when students stop by the office with questions, drop off documents, inquire about the status of his/her financial aid, or any other general inquires both in person and over the phone. In addition to these duties, this position is responsible for electronic loan certification and disbursement of loan amounts for crediting to student accounts.
- Provide courteous and professional assistance to individuals either in person or on the phone.
- Certify, monitor, authorize and process federal and private loan applications maximizing electronic tools available at NUHS.
- Enter student data, forms and documents received from any source into student information system and/or other system(s)/software as needed.
- Determine financial aid eligibility and award financial aid to new and returning students.
- Assist in distribution, collection and update of student employment vouchers. FWS/RSE program
- Responsible for coordinating maintenance of student file (file creation, filing, etc.) with Receptionist.
- Assist in preparation, collation and mailing of award letters and other documents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist staff as requested with projects.
- Attend training sessions, both on- and off-campus.
- Submit reports on various office activities/completed tasks.
- Customer service oriented.
- Experience with MS Word and Excel, and any email program.
- A ‘team player’, as well as ability to work independently.
- Organized and possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Mathematical aptitude.
- A Bachelor’s degree or 4-5 years of experience in a college or university financial aid office.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in a college or university financial aid office.
- Familiarity with any student information system.
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer