This staff position is administrative support for the Vice President for Academic Services (VPAS) and Vice President for Administrative Services (VPADS) and reports to the Executive Services Coordinator. On occasion, this assistant provides support for the President, Vice President for Business Services (VPBS).
- When requested, transcribe minutes of meetings.
- Greet/Acknowledge when someone walks into the office.
- Type letters, memoranda, reports, etc. as directed by the VPAS and VPADS.
- DocuSign Contracts
- Arrange airline reservations, hotel reservations, and limousines as assigned.
- Send flowers, on occasion of illness or death of faculty or non-faculty personnel of the University, when so informed.
- Process requisitions and payments as assigned.
- Schedule appointments.
- Open mail, sort, organize, distribute.
- Organize reports as assigned.
- Answer the telephone, provide information and receive information.
- Work in cooperation with others, i.e., administrators, faculty, and other staff, for the most effective and efficient accomplishment of the University mission.
- Arrange all luncheons, social and community events as assigned.
- Maintain files and scan documents as assigned.
- Serve as backup assistant for the other administrative office staff as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of all executive matters and documents.
- Maintain and update current project list and work with VPAS and VPADS on a regular basis to ensure that project list is addressed in timely manner.
- Complete vacation/sick forms for VPAS and VPADS and submit copy to Executive Services Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate with additional secretarial school training.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Ability to transcribe from electronic media.
- Two to four years of secretarial experience.
- Computer literate, knowledge of Microsoft 365 and Acrobat Pro.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of filing system.
To apply, please forward your resume with salary requirements to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer