Hours: 4:00 p.m. -12:30 a.m., Tuesday-Saturday.
The person who holds this position is accountable for maintaining the university’s property with cleanliness, safety, minor maintenance, painting, operating equipment, products, and techniques for this trade, including but not limited to vacuums, buffers, sweepers, chemicals, methods, and other duties as assigned. The individual is tasked with the management of the custodial employees, along with the reporting and communication with the Director of Facilities and Security.
- Dust and wipe furniture, sweep, mop and/or vacuum floors;
- Empty and clean wastebaskets and trash containers,
- Wash walls and equipment,
- Sanitize restrooms and refill restroom dispensers,
- Perform cleaning and related activities such as remove snow or debris from sidewalks, stairs using hand-operated or small power equipment.
- Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools; buffers, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees
- Move furniture, equipment, supplies and tools when applicable
- Assist with the setup of facilities for meetings, classroom, conferences, events, etc.
- Climb ladders when applicable
- Strip, clean, buff and apply floor sealer and floor finish to hard surface floors
- Vacuum and shampoo carpets
- Drywall repair
- Minor plumbing and electrical repair
- Snow removal
- Minor carpentry repair
- Constant attention to all safety conditions in and around the building, including all doors, windows, and any other entrances or exits.
- Lock and unlock assigned buildings, secure building when not in use or you have vacated the area / completed your assignment(s), check for unlock doors and/or windows and report
- Place appropriate signage, such as when floors are wet and slippery
- Maintain operational knowledge and understanding of all university owned and rented equipment.
- Observe and follow all guidelines and instructions regarding the proper use and applications for cleaning chemicals used on campus
- Check all apartments prior to move-in
- Other duties as assigned
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent driving record (driving history and background checks will be performed)
- 3 years’ experience working in a school environment, hospital, or commercial office building
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs
- Must be able to work occasionally in inclement weather
- Must be able to climb a ladder
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with drywall, painting, cleaning machines and floor waxing a must
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Must be able to multi-task
To apply please forward your resume to:
Email: [email protected]
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer