Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Marketing, the Communications Coordinator is the primary content creator for the Office of Communications. The Communications Coordinator interacts with various constituents of the University and works to build awareness, increase engagement, maintain favorable public image, and position the University as an industry thought leader.
- Create and edit SEO friendly content for NUHS website, blogs, white papers, videos, etc.
- Write and edit University publications, news releases, articles/web stories, University announcements, blogs, faculty, staff and alumni biographies or profiles.
- Develop and implement new PR initiatives, including, events, webinars, video, etc, based on trend and market analysis.
- Develop media relationships and seek speaking engagements and interview opportunities for faculty and staff that highlight the University and its offerings.
- Participate in planning and strategizing for inbound marketing campaign execution including content, content schedule, platforms and measurements.
- Work with media service to distribute press releases, graduation and scholarship announcements.
- Track news releases, media placements, and mentions by keeping an effective PR report and maintaining files of press clippings, news releases, etc.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or journalism
- 3-4 years related experience, preferably in higher education
- Proven experience in writing/content creation
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume with salary requirements to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer