Basic Sciences Assistant Professor of Anatomy
The Department of Basic Sciences within the College of Professional Studies at National University of Health Sciences invites applications for a full time faculty position. The successful applicant will have documented experience teaching human anatomy in both the classroom, and through cadaveric dissection. We seek an educator who will guide our student’s comprehensive understanding of normal human anatomy, while also developing understanding of functional relevance in the applied clinical setting by employing case studies appropriate for our students in the Doctor of Chiropractic Program. The desired qualification is a first professional degree with clinical practice experience; a terminal graduate degree in the anatomical sciences will also be considered. Excellent communicative and teaching skills are required, along with participation in student advising and administrative service to the University.
The faculty member is an officer of instruction. The faculty member shall be prepared academically to teach students in the classroom, laboratory or clinic, and to assist students by providing appropriate advising. The faculty member is responsible for classroom teaching duties as assigned by the chairperson. He/she is charged with helping the student learn through appropriate teaching methods, assessing the knowledge and skills (didactic and practical) the student has learned, and reporting that learning to the student, the Dean of the College of Professional Studies, Assistant Dean or their designee. The functions of the University require that the faculty member participate in University activities and academic functions, and in budget and curriculum formulation. In the performance of University duties, the faculty member may be called upon to prepare and present reports and studies.
- To serve as an associate of the chairperson.
- To participate with the chairperson in maintaining and advancing curriculum content for the assigned course and the program at large.
- To assume responsibility for participating in the vital functions of the Program, not only in its day to day operation, but also in its role as an integral part of the University; particularly with regard to Mission and Goals.
- To serve as a model of professionalism to interns, students and colleagues, as evidenced by exemplary conduct, dialogue and decorum.
- To carry out all necessary administrative and reporting functions as required by University policy or assigned by the academic dean such as a syllabus, grade and attendance submission.
- To develop educational learning objectives for the educational program(s).
- To develop instructional materials.
- To teach and/or facilitate the assigned hours of lecture, discussion, laboratory or clinic internship.
- To develop evaluation instruments for the assessment of student learning and practical skills.
- To provide feedback to the student, the Dean of the College of Professional Studies and the Assistant Dean (or designee) regarding the assessment outcomes.
- To make time for student advising or to assist students.
- To participate in research and publication or other scholarly activities.
- To contribute to the Mission of the University through regular participation in a variety of activities including teaching, community involvement, committee service and scholarly work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Attendance at University scheduled activities such as graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Plan or conduct special workshops or seminars.
- First professional degree with clinical practice experience, or a terminal graduate degree in the anatomical sciences
- Documented teaching experience of human anatomy, including cadaveric dissections
- Experience in higher education teaching
- Evidence of a commitment to continuing education
- Service to the community
- Participation in professional organizations
How to Apply
Applicants can apply by sending a current curriculum vitae, letter of interest, copy of unofficial transcripts, and three letters of recommendation to email@example.com. Complete applications will be required for candidate consideration.
National University of Health Sciences is an EOE/AA employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin or ancestry, genetic information, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability or status as a veteran.