The Counselor supports the mission of the institution, is conversant with all the University’s rules, regulations and status of accreditation and approvals.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for the recruitment and counseling of prospective students. The Counselor works with faculty, staff, alumni, health career advisors, and NUHS students in order to increase candidates for admission.
- Provide informational materials and counseling services for prospective students.
- Assist students through all aspects of the admissions process including the collection, evaluation and distribution of documents and information related to their admissions file.
- Maintain telephone and electronic contact and initiate correspondence with prospective students, including appropriate and consistent follow-up.
- Participate in recruitment travel, representing the university at graduate and career fairs and conducting on-site presentations for prospective students and/or advisors.
- Participate in on-campus outreach events such as Campus Visit Day, MT Open House, etc.
- Conduct informational campus visits for prospective students and their guests.
- Represent NUHS at health advisor association conferences, alumni conferences and other functions as requested by the Assistant Director or Director of Admissions.
- Maintain communication with advisors at in-state and out-of-state feeder colleges and universities.
- Create and maintain student files in both printed and electronic forms.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years professional experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Public speaking ability.
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers license.
How to Apply
To apply, please forward your resume to:
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer