Administrative Assistant—Office of Student Services
The Administrative Assistant—Office of Student Services provides general administrative support to the Dean of Students, Assistant Dean of Students, and Office of Student Services. This is an integral role within the university providing assistance to internal and external constituents.
- Greet students and other visitors as they enter the department.
- Type and copy correspondence and reports.
- Maintain/organize department files and information including computer records and reports.
- Process incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail.
- Answering multi-line telephones, take messages and provide general information.
- Schedule and approve reservations in software program.
- Maintain campus bulletin boards, receive digital monitor requests and post boardroom schedule.
- Coordinate the production, dissemination and renewal of NUHS student and employee ID cards.
- Maintain general knowledge of Student Handbook, NUHS Bulletin, and other policies as assigned.
- Provide assistance with the operation of on campus recycling program.
- Assist with the organization of events to include Graduation, New Student Orientation, and other ceremonies/programs as assigned.
- Assist student groups and clubs as assigned.
- Schedule and proctor exams for students with a documented disability as assigned.
- Serve as backup assistant in mailroom as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality on all matters.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must maintain confidentiality of student records, files and all other secure information and documents.
- Strong orientation to service and self-starter.
- A genuine interest in working with students and ensuring their success.
- Excellent people and organizational skills.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of administrative assistant, clerical and/or secretarial experience.
- Knowledge and ability to learn and work in multiple software programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- A familiarity with higher education administrative environment.
- Demonstrated competency in working with relational databases and/or student information systems.
To apply, please forward your resume with salary requirements to:
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 630-889-6570 Attn: HR
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer