Did you know that you, as
a client, have a responsibility to educate your therapist? Many
people think they just have to lay on the table and enjoy, but
giving your therapist some pointers on what will make your massage
and overall experience better for both of you, is a win/win
situation. Here are some suggestions:
- Don't eat before a massage session.
- Give your therapist accurate health information.
- Undress only to your comfort level - this sensitive subject
often needs to be discussed.
- Before and during a session, communicate your needs.
- Report any discomfort from the massage or even room
temperature, music volume or lighting issues.
- Drink plenty of water after a massage.
- Allow for some quiet time after a massage to absorb the results
of the session.
- The effects of massage are cumulative, so get massages