Give Thanks

Hello everyone! I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend to share with your loved ones.

This week I only had clinic for two days due to the holidays and I got to fit in a couple patients, but I was so excited to get out of Illinois and see our extended family in Minnesota. We drove the whole 7 hours (super long) but it was more than worth it. There was an endless amount of amazing food, laughs and love. And yes, I did visit the "Mall of America" on Black Friday! :) 

2011-11-29_rhyin

I've dedicated this blog to all the things I am thankful for--like my little "niece" Rhyin, (pictured above), my little person full of JOY this weekend! We shouldn't only use one weekend of the year to reflect back on the things that are awesome in our lives, but it's definitely a nice reminder to give thanks!

My thanksgiving list:

1. My mother:

2011-11-29_mother

She exemplifies beauty and strength to me. I am definitely my mother's daughter. I love her so much and I am so thankful for all the sacrifices she has made for our family!

2.  My husband:

2011-11-29_ryanbaby

Ryan is an amazing man and I am so lucky to have him. Through all my complaining "girl" moments and everything else, he loves me more and more every day. He is going to be such an amazing dad one day and I can't wait to share more life adventures with him.

3. My brothers (and sister-in-law):

2011-11-29_brothers

Having three older brothers with a strong mother has definitely made me who I am. They are always supportive of me! Plus my oldest brother and sister-in-law gave me my amazingly awesome nephew, Xander, who makes my life so much more than I could imagine.

4.  My two best friends, Maria and Rosie:

2011-11-29_friends

We've been friends for over 10 years and they definitely complete me. They were both my maids-of-honor in my wedding and will always be in my life forever! They are amazing!

5. My family and friends:

2011-11-29_xander

From my strong-willed grandparents to my hilarious and fashionable cousins to all my colleagues at NUHS. I am a lucky girl to have all these amazing people in my life who make me strive to be the better version of myself and show me that life is about LOVE and LAUGHTER--with a couple bumps in the road. :)

I could probably go on and on and on with what I am thankful for including the food I get to eat every day, the house I come home to, and the education that I have. What is on your THANKFUL list?

Post a comment