Best Time of the Year

Top -jumpingfun

The time has come to write my last blog of this quick trimester. It has been a whirlwind, and I cannot believe that four months have passed so quickly. This time next year, I will be in the week of MY OWN graduation from the chiropractic program. I can't believe it! 

The first four trimesters really feel like the longest year and a third of your life, but after that, everything comes so quickly, and sometimes too quickly. I always try to study in advance and be on top of my game, but I'm in Seventh Tri now, and I can say with full confidence and no shame that I have never accomplished that! It's OK to be ambitious but be realistic at the same time! 

Overall, I think I have had around 17 finals and 5 or 6 papers. My naturopathic classes that I'm currently taking have added about two extra finals and four extra papers (over the entire trimester). I am currently in finals week now and I feel as if my nerves are better than any finals week I've had because maybe I'm just conditioned to it. My biggest anxiety comes from whether or not I can wake up in time for the exams, sit in the right room, and if my pencils have enough lead! 

You can ask anyone in Seventh Tri if they enjoyed these past four months, and they will tell you no without even having to think about it. It probably is a combination of getting so close to clinic and getting anxious but also that we're just tired by the time it comes. I feel like every week I have the same advice for you, but it is the best advice I can give and it really works! 

In your priorities, make sure to include yourself and keep your sanity at the top of the list. It will keep your mind clear and focused so that you will be able to survive anything. I have yet to experience an all-nighter and I am proud to say that I never thought it was necessary. Even if I was unprepared for an exam, I still made sure to include sleep and a healthy diet into my regime. 

The picture I included in the blog is of Dr. Winterstein and I during the White Coat Ceremony when I was a First Tri student. I can't believe that I will finally be able to use that coat in clinic with actual patients very soon! The next time you hear from me, I will be a clinic intern.  

Have a happy holiday and be safe! Spend it with your family and friends and soak up the fresh (very cold) air!

Post a comment