Tri 8 Anxiety

Hello all, and welcome to Week 12 of the trimester. Only three more weeks left of the tri, and that light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter! 

I'm usually pretty good with the course loads each time around, but for whatever reason, this trimester has worked me out pretty good. This is my last trimester before starting Student Clinic, and I've been working a little harder than usual to prepare myself for what awaits. I won't lie to you, I'm genuinely nervous about entering clinic next tri--excited, but nervous.

Every Monday and Wednesday, for the past 3 months, us Tri 7s, have been seeing simulated patients to get us ready for the real thing come January. These experiences have been fantastic, but there's always that safety net in the back of your mind, that this person in front of you is acting. Starting 8th Trimester, the actors are done and the real patients begin. As if that wasn't enough pressure, there's the added weight of being the Florida campus' first class of student chiropractors. Granted we will only be able to treat other NUHS students, but these are our peers, people we see on a daily basis, that look to us as upper classmen; we wouldn't want to let them down.

I guess all this translates to keep studying and keep practicing, and hopefully shows that it's normal to feel stressed and anxious. I hear from students all the time that they don't feel ready for clinic, and I'm here to tell you that most of us feel the same way--and if anyone denies it, they're more than likely lying.

3rd Annual Turkey Bowl

2011-11-21_team1
Khong, Ryon, Jordon at the Annual Turkey Bowl.

ANYWAY... Last week was the Florida campus' 3rd Annual Turkey Bowl. Each year Guy Reshemwala (honorary comish) and the rest of Student Council, host a seasonal football tournament.

2011-11-21_team2
The victorious Tri 4 team.

This year's winner was the Tri 4 Crew, and once again Dr. Derek Schramm took home the Most Valuable Professor award (MVP).

2011-11-21_team3
MVP award ceremony.

Thank you to everyone who helped with the planning and setup, as well as everyone who showed up and threw down on the field.

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving holiday, eats entirely too much and gets to relax before finals roll around. 

Dex