WAAZZZZUPPPP! (Remember when that was the cool thing to
I strolled by the magazine section at Jewel Osco the other day
and not to my surprise every other cover had something along the
lines of 'SUMMER BODY,' 'SLIM DOWN in 6 weeks,' 'Tone your Beach
Butt,' etc. Haha. It got me thinking. Since I want to keep this
blog up with the Jones', I'll do my quick version of a tabloid
How To Get a Beach Bod: The 10 Rules You Probably Won't
Read in a Magazine
Note: This is the 80/20 version. The 20% of workout/diet advice
that will deliver 80% of your results. Some of it's unconventional.
But it will work. Try me. I'm going to do it starting when my rule
number 8 comes in from Amazon. I'd like to turn my 2-pack into a
"Out of Clutter, Find Simplicity" -
- Eat 30g of protein within 30 minutes of waking up.
- Do not eat anything white.
- Eat simple meals.
- Only drink water. Drink half your body weight in ounces per
- Eat a piece of lean protein at each meal.
- Don't eat fruit.
- Fat-burn cardio 3x week for 20-40min. HR @ (180- your age) +-
10. (So I'm 23. My heart rate goal is 157-147.) Monitor it.
- Take Cissus Quadrangularis 2400mg 3x day.
- Workout Plan (2x a week):
2 Sets of 5 Reps on Bench
2 Sets of 5 Reps on Squat
2 Sets of 5 Reps on Seated Cable Row/Lat Pulldown
Your Favorite Core Exercises for 20 min.
10. Get 8 hours of sleep. No less.
I could give you detailed physiology, published research, and
witty reasonings. Or I could give you a checklist of 10 things that
I know will work and are easy to do. What does it look like in real
- Morning Breakfast: 3 eggs and some spinach
- Lunch: Salad with grilled chicken
- Dinner: Beef and veggie stir fry
- Supplement: Cissus Quadrangularis. Maybe a whey protein powder
if you have a hard time consuming enough protein at meals.
- Water: 6-8 glasses throughout day
- Exercise M-F (take the weekends off to relax and recoup).
Choose cardio M/W/F 20 min. and lifting T/Th. That workout takes
about 20-35 min. See YA. Too easy.
If you have questions just email me.
(The picture is of my roommate's dog chilling with me on
my back porch…awesome.)