Pumpkin Hunting

Top -pumpkins

Being one week before Halloween I decided it was time to get myself some pumpkins to carve! After scanning all of the pumpkins at the sale I think I found the heaviest one of the bunch! It wasn't the biggest pumpkin but certainly make the half a block walk to the car with it in tow quite a task! I plan to meet up with friends early this week to have a carving/pumpkin seed roasting party as I need to get my pumpkin registered for the carving contest at my apartment complex. Winner gets $100 cash! I'll be sure to let you know if I win! 

UIC Medical Students

This week a group of interns went to the UIC medical school in downtown Chicago to educate first year medical students on the world of alternative medicine. They went armed with handouts full of information ready to tackle any questions the students might have. There were several students with questions regarding what naturopathic medicine is and what our role is in healthcare. All in all it sounded like a great experience for both the ND interns and the medical students. The more we educate our medical colleagues the more support we will have in the future, and the more we know about the various aspects of healthcare the better able we will be to serve our patients, which is the ultimate goal! 

Pizza + NUHS garden grown basil = Delicious! 

Ashley -pizza

Tonight my boyfriend and I decided to make homemade pizza with fresh basil compliments of the NUHS botanical garden. I can't get over how powerful home grown basil is! A little bit really goes a long way when it comes to flavoring. Technically, we aren't supposed to "steal" herbs from the campus garden as they are for learning purposes but with frosts predicted in the near future I'm sure this one time will be alright…shhhh don't tell on me!

Post a comment