Marketing Presentation

The marketing presentation is over. I'm really glad. I was sweating it big-time. I put a lot of work into it -- the design and layout of the logo, the tagline, all the wording for the sample brochure -- all of it. Even though it made last week's schedule pretty intense with all of the other activities, now it's done and I can watch my classmates do theirs (and enjoy them), and also focus on other things.

GreyforestlogoSo the plan for my future practice is to be both multi-disciplinary and integrated -- where the practitioners not only work together, but complement each other in abilities to provide a larger scope of practice. The basic premise is that in order to take care of the whole person, we have to approach the whole person. So we'll have everything integrated into the practice from seminars, movement classes, and functional medicine to counseling, acupuncture, and herbal medicine. My idea is to have five practitioners to start with: Chiropractic, Naturopathic, Acupuncture, Massage, and Behavioral Medicine. I'd like to also have an herbal compounding pharmacy on site -- in addition to a number of nutraceuticals available.

I've also entertained some ways to expand down the road. The addition of hyperbarics, a medicinal and natural foods café, and inpatient care seem more than logical. I realize that they're big and potentially lofty ambitions, BUT I think with the right team of practitioners, we can definitely do it. Anybody want to help?

Upcoming Week

This week I have a few things due: notes from my head-to-toe practical; my community resources listing and BETS research (I'm working on Alzheimer's and choline -- or hoping to); and on Friday I have my functional rehab practical. I'm so glad I'm going early with that one as well. That REALLY frees up my week 14. There's nothing like having a little bit of extra time to study for things or work.

Master's Program

The Master's is going well. This last week it was tough to get everything done because of the exams, presentation, and practical. I was scrambling to get it all done by midnight on Sunday (all of my Master's work is due by midnight Sunday). As it was, I was falling asleep finishing the last assignment. It could have gone better, but that's what happens when you're falling asleep answering questions. The topics for last week were mostly gut immunity -- which I find fascinating. I'd really like to figure out all of the possible permutations of gut disruption -- beyond gluten and casein, microbes, etc. Did you know that 70% of the immune system is located in the gut? Even inhalants are partially mediated in the gut. If you're really interested in learning more about this -- try the Textbook for Functional Medicine -- chapter 28. While some of the physiology is a little tedious, putting the pieces together is pretty fascinating.

Well, that's all from me. I've registered for next tri -- except for electives. I'm trying to decide whether to take acupuncture or not. The jury is still out.

Have a great week everybody. Good luck with studying, projects, and whatever else is going on. This Friday we have the Turkey Bowl. Can't wait.