The faculty member assists the Chief Clinician, Naturopathic
Medicine, in the delivery of patient care (as delegated to them).
They will be directly responsible for the training and evaluation
of interns in the ND program. In this capacity, they will work
closely with the Chief Clinician, and the Assistant Dean,
Naturopathic Medicine. The interns who work under the supervision
of the naturopathic clinical faculty are a part of this team led by
the Chief Clinician, Naturopathic Medicine. They are ultimately
accountable to the Dean of Clinics.
- To provide a high standard of care for patients of the
- To communicate with the Chief Clinician and other naturopathic
clinical faculty about the status and progress of patients who are
jointly treated or who are receiving primarily naturopathic
- To meet regularly with naturopathic clinical faculty to discuss
the current patient issues
- To have daily contact with the Chief Clinician so as to provide
opportunities for prompt action on emergent patient care
- To oversee and instruct naturopathic interns and observers in
their clinical work; as part of the patient care team
- To evaluate naturopathic clinical students and provide
- To assist the Chief Clinician, Chair of Clinical Practice, and
Assistant Dean, Naturopathic Medicine in developing and delivery
the curriculum of the ND Program
- Attendance at University-scheduled activities such as
graduation ceremonies, etc.
- Plan or conduct special workshops or seminars for faculty
- Plan or conduct special workshops or seminars for students
- Appear as a guest in a limited number of classroom settings, in
order to represent the clinic
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine degree/diploma degree from a
CNME affiliated ND program
- Successfully completed NPLEX Part I and II and holds
license/registration in naturopathic medicine in a jurisdiction
where naturopathic medicine is regulated (North America)
- Three to five years' experience in clinical practice (which may
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Willingness to work as a member of an integrative medical team
and to support naturopathic and to interact with naturopathic
students and faculty
- Interest in participating in research.
- Evidence of a commitment to continuing education.
- Service to the community.
- Experience in teaching at a graduate or first professional
- Participation in professional organizations.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer