Chief Clinician for Naturopathic Medicine
The Chief Clinician of a National University of Health Sciences
Clinic is responsible for all clinical and educational operations
of the Clinic and for implementation of the clinic program
established by the Chair Person, Department of Clinical Practice.
He/she is charged with the responsibility of the care and
management of clinic patients and the clinical training of the
- To serve as the chief associate of the Chair Person, Department
of Clinical Practice, in the operation to which he/she is
- To participate with the Dean of Clinics in developing both long
and short range plans for meeting the Clinic Institutional
- To assume responsibility for the leadership of the naturopathic
program aspects of the Clinic, not only in its day to day
operation, but also in its function as an integral part of the
University; particularly with regard to Mission and
- To provide for the smooth operation of the Clinic to which they
are assigned, through the use of the following techniques, and
others as necessary and appropriate:
- Serving as a model of professionalism to both Clinicians and
Interns, as evidenced by exemplary conduct, dialogue and
- Assign intern, and clinical student patient care duties or make
appropriate delegations of this daily task to other members of the
- Communicate Clinic Institutional Goals and Objectives as
well as share any information received from other areas which may
appropriately be of interest or may be of assistance in carrying
out the clinical and academic functions of the clinic.
- Involve faculty and staff in developing policies and procedures
in support of the Mission of the University and the Clinic
Institutional Goals and Objectives.
- Develop a vision with regard to the Clinic's role in meeting
Institutional Goals and Objectives.
- Engage in group problem solving as necessary.
- Foster the development of a team approach to both patient care
and educational functions of the Clinic.
- Serve as a coach and a resource to the team in all of its
- One‑on‑one interaction with faculty and staff.
- Assist faculty and staff members in developing and attaining
appropriate professional goals.
- Evaluate individuals under their supervision, both formally and
- Serve as a resource in assisting faculty and staff to identify
areas of professional weakness and identifying appropriate paths to
- Evaluate the staffing, support, and material needs of the
clinic to which they are assigned and make appropriated
recommendations to the Chair Person, Department of Clinical
- If requested, serve as a Budget Center Manager, with the
responsibility to see that necessary supplies and equipment are
- Carrying out all necessary administrative and reporting
functions as required by University policy or assigned by the Chair
Person, Department of Clinical Practice.
- To provide a sound clinical experience for interns in the
Clinic to which they are assigned. This is accomplished primarily
by the attending clinicians, but remains the responsibility of the
- Being available for service during the regularly scheduled
clinic hours and at other times as necessary or as assigned by the
Chair Person, Department of Clinical Practice.
- Arranging for or personally providing coverage as necessary
when clinicians are absent or unavailable for duty.
- Scheduling and/or conducting appropriate in-service training
for Interns and Clinicians.
- Coordinating outreach activities for the clinic.
- Contribute to the Mission of the University through regular
participation in a variety of activities including:
- Scholarly work
- Community involvement
- Assist the Chair Person, Department of Clinical Practice in
developing and marketing the services of the clinic.
- Serve on University standing committees and/or ad hoc
committees as assigned
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Degree
- A clear understanding of and dedication to the Mission of
- Current ND license held in a licensed state
- Three years of experience in an ND practice or qualifying
- Doctor of Chiropractic Degree
- Illinois license to practice Chiropractic
- Experience in higher education teaching
- Evidence of a commitment to continuing education
- Service to the community
- Participation in professional organizations
- Board certification in one or more areas of specialty
How to Apply
Applicants should submit cover letter and current
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NUHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer