Professor, Learning Resource Center
Ms. Whitehead joined the National College of Chiropractic, now the National University of Health Sciences, as the director of the Learning Resource Center in 1982.
She earned a bachelor's degree at the University of Toronto in 1957, and in 1980, a master's in library science from Rosary College, now Dominican University, in River Forest, Illinois. She worked eight years in public and special libraries before joining the NCC biomedical library. Her introduction to National was as a recommended resource for master's level courses in medical librarianship.
Since 1982, she has overseen the building of the present library (1993) and the institutional change from "college" to "university" where the scope of library collections and services grew from basic and clinical sciences related to chiropractic to include massage therapy, naturopathic medicine, acupuncture and oriental medicine.
She is a past president of both the Chiropractic Library Consortium (CLIBCON) and the chiropractic library section of the Medical Library Association. She is a former member and secretary of the DuPage Library System Board of Directors. She currently serves on the executive board of the Multitype Automation Group in Cooperation (MAGIC) and on the advisory board of the library technical assistant program at the College of DuPage.
After family and friends, she loves watercolor painting, kayaking, and dog-walking near a beautiful lake in Wisconsin.